I have been searching for the perfect plugin for WordPress that allows me to easily add social icons to via a widget. There are some good plugins out there, and a lot of bad ones. None of them had everything I needed though. The Simple Social Icons plugin came close. But it doesn’t include a few networks I need to use. So I decided I would build one based on the Simple Social Icons plugin.
I decided to name this plugin YASIP (Yet Another Social Icons Plugin). With this plugin, you can display icons in 1 of 3 different sizes and 1 of 4 different styles. Here’s a list of icons you’ll find with this plugin:
- Google Plus
I welcome any suggestions or bugs you have in the Comments section.
12 thoughts on “Yet Another Social Icons Plugin”
LOVE this plugin! Its gorgeous simple perfect. Could you add ‘myspace’ to your list. Thanks 🙂
Also, how do I make a link to my vine account? Its:
according to vine, but your plugin doesn’t accept that as a link.
Thanks for this simple plugin! After so many YASIP is easy and works! YAY!
1. Allow new social media networks to be added – so that users can add their own links as desired.
2. Allow custom icons to be loaded – so that standard icons can be replaced if necessary, and new network icons can be incorporated.
3. Allow social media icons to be enabled/disabled, and float all enabled icons to the top.
4. Allow enabled icons to be reordered, so that users can rearrange icons in desired order. If this can be achieved via drag-n-drop, even better!
5. Allow for icons to be spaced, and allow for entire widget to be spaced.
How can i give some space between the icons, so they don’t get “glued” on each other.
Check out the Readme file. There’s a section in there that handles that.
hi Mitch – using a chlid of an old WP theme (twentyten), the CSS you suggest to pad the icon images doesn’t work. Container is li#yasip-2.widget-container yasip a img, TIA for any thoughts.
Once I have yet-another-social-icons-plugin installed, how do I use it on my website? Thanks, Jenn
LOVE this plug-in! So easy to configure and looks wonderful. Would love to be able to add my about.me profile, if at all possible.
Thank you very much for this great widget. I managed to adjust it to my needs, I even made icons for languages – so this widget is very useful.
Hello, is there any way you could add the Bloglovin icon? Love the plugin 🙂 Thank you!
Thank you for creating this plugin, I was looking for one that includes tumblr.
I was not able to find the read-me files you mentioned in an earlier post. Can you tell me where they are located?