I sat here at my desk for about an hour trying to figure out why I kept getting an error whenever I tried to open my Google Analytics page. The error said:
You do not have access to the account, property, or view. Contact an Analytics administrator who has the Manage Users permission.
Now, I’m the only one with access to this account. I am the admin, but still got this error.
After clearing my bookmarks and looking for solutions online, I finally realized that I had the problem ever since installing an adblock plugin.
U-block Origin had to be disabled while on the Analytics page. Once I disabled it, the page loaded right up.
So if you have any plugins that block ads and you’re having this problem, be sure to disable the plugin.
14 thoughts on “Google Analytics Throws “Missing Permissions” Error”
Thanks I will try that, I am having the same problem, and I have adblock
This happened for me too. Very frustrated. I had AdBock installed and your fix cleared it right up.
I don’t have this extension and I am getting this message. On my laptop only. Analytics working fine on my ipad.
Any other extensions installed that might be causing it? Other adblockers? If not, it could be a firewall blocking things.
I have several extensions. Is there any easy way to figure out which one it might be?
thaaaaaaaaank you !
i do not even have jetpack and getting that error, what i have is all in one Sseo..any ideas how to fix it?
I am getting this error. I don’t have adblock or anything. What’s Analytics up to?
I had the “missing permissions” problem but think I now have it solved.
Clicked on “Admin” and noticed the property column was headed “CMAschool.com” which was the name of a property I had deleted. Clicked on the downward arrow beside it and it showed a list of 3 names – including “CMAschool.com” that had been deleted and had a line through them. Also on the list was “CPAschool.com” which did NOT have a line through it and was the latest name I had given a new property with which I was experimenting. I clicked on this name which now appears at the top of the properties column AND THE “MISSING PERMISSIONS” PROBLEM IS GONE. Hope this works for you.
John Coughlan, Fairfax, VA
This worked for me as well.
I had some properties deleted, clicked on the top property in the list and the permissions issue cleared up. I was then able to select other properties in the list.
Incidentally, it’s been over a year since your suggestion! I was lucky to find it.
Thank you so much! It works!
Thanks so much, it was the fastest solution.