I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and currently reside in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have held several technical positions ranging from Technical Support to Network Security Administrator.
My favorite topics include smartphones, SEO, dogs, and self-improvement. Please visit my blog again or follow me on Twitter.
- My parents buy me a ColecoVision, which started me into the great world of technology and video games.
- A neighbor gives me an old TRS80 for Christmas. I learn how to operate it as well as the BASIC programming language.
- Attended Amundsen High School in Chicago, IL.
- Purchased an IBM PS/1 Computer from Circuit City. It cost $5,000 for the computer, printer and monitor. It ran Windows 3.1,had a 486/DX processor, a 160MB Hard Drive, 2400 baud modem, and 4MB of RAM.
- I deleted the C:\Windows folder, not knowing how important it was. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with IBM Technical Support following their instructions. This lit the fire of curiosity, and I began to learn DOS commands.
- An English teacher shows me CPSnet, a BBS system run by Chicago Public Schools. The system allows me to one of the first thousands of people on the Internet.
- I become fascinated with the web and start building web sites.
- Worked in computer retail at Elek-Tek, then later Micro Center as a Computer Service Technician.
- Attended Wilbur Wright College, then later Harper College where I took various Computer Science courses.
- Scored a job working at USRobotics as a Universal Technical Support Representative. I learn troubleshooting skills.
- Worked in Downtown Chicago as a System Administrator for SPSS in Sears Tower.
- Moved to Sioux Falls and worked as a QA Analyst for startup DocuTap.