I was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois and currently reside in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have held several technical positions ranging from Technical Support to Network Security Administrator.
My favorite topics include smartphones, SEO, dogs, and self-improvement. Please visit my blog again or follow me on Twitter.
- My parents buy me a ColecoVision, which started me into the great world of technology and video games.
- Attended Amundsen High School in Chicago, IL.
- Purchased an IBM PS/1 Computer from Circuit City. It was $5,000 for the computer, printer and monitor. It ran Windows 3.1 and had a 486/DX processor, a 160MB Hard Drive, 2400 baud modem, and 4MB of RAM.
- I deleted the C:\Windows folder, not knowing how important it was. I spent a couple of hours on the phone with IBM Technical Support following their instructions. This lit the fire of curiosity, and I began to learn DOS commands.
- Worked in computer retail at Elek-Tek, then later Micro Center as a Computer Service Technician.
- Attended Wilbur Wright College, then later Harper College where I took various Computer Science courses.
- Scored a job working at USRobotics as a Universal Technical Support Representative. I learn troubleshooting skills.